2015 Pet Blogger Challenge
We are thrilled to be taking part in the 2015 Pet Blogger Challenge! We are heading into a brand new year, wide open with possibilities and adventures to be had! If you would like to join in the challenge, click on the badge above or the links in the first sentence of this post as well as at the bottom of this post.
And now for the challenge questions:
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone stopping by for the first time, please give us a quick description of what your blog is about. I have been blogging since 2007. This particular blog will be a year old this March. This blog was born out of a very difficult time on my life, when I learned the exquisite and unmistakable value of a walk outdoors with a dog. A separation, a reconciliation, a string of surgeries after an abnormal mammogram in 2012, the healing power of the dogs we love and the outdoors we often forget to appreciate and enjoy, this blog was begun as a companion to the book I am currently writing.
2. Tell us one thing that you accomplished on your blog during 2014 that made you proud. I achieved a more professional look with the help of a professional artist as well as added more social media accounts such as Vine and YouTube.
3. What lessons have you learned this year – from other blogs, or through your own experience – that could help us all with our own blogs? Connect with others. Reach out and become part of discussions.
4. What have you found to be the most successful way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content? Blog hops and social media.
5. What was your most popular blog post this year? Did it surprise you that it was your most popular? Our most popular blog post last year was the Modern Dog Magazine Photo Contest. I was not surprised as MD is very popular.
7. Has your policy on product reviews and/or giveaways changed this year? No.
If you do reviews, what do you find works best, and what doesn’t work at all? I only do reviews on products in which I am personally interested or is relevant to topics I write a lot about.
If you don’t do reviews, is this something you’d like to do more of? What hurdle is getting in your way?
8. What’s your best piece of advice for other bloggers? Network and read other blogs.
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2015? To increase our readership, take on new adventures and hopefully complete the book to which it was meant to be the companion.
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be? Coming up with fresh, relevant content can be challenging. I would be very interested to hear what our readers might like to see from us this year.
Bring on the new adventures!
Bluegrass Decals designed this awesome hiking decal for us. Check them out!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…