Let’s Do This! The 2016 Pet Blogger Challenge
It’s time once again for the 2016 Pet Blogger Challenge! This blogging challenge is for pet bloggers and is brought to you by our friends over at GoPetFriendly.com! Each year in January, GoPetFriendly.com poses 10 questions for pet bloggers to answer about their blogs and themselves. This promotes sharing and helps other pet bloggers get to know those blogs with which they might not be familiar. We are excited to be participating once again. We hope to make new blogging friends this year and we feel this challenge is an excellent way to start the year off right.
The following are the questions and our answers to the 2016 Pet Blogger Challenge:We also
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone who is visiting for the first time, please give a quick description of the subject of your blog. I have been blogging since 2007 in one form or fashion. Our current blog, Walks With Rama, was started in 2014 as a way to chronicle the ways in which hiking with a dog changed my life. We try to promote getting out there and being active with your dog, as a way to keep people and their pets physically and mentally healthy. We also educate about dog training and care, as well as share our feelings on pet products, foods and other aspects of the pet industry.
2. What is the one thing that you accomplished during 2015, either on your blog or because of it, that made you most proud? That would be hiring a personal trainer and making fitness a priority in my life.
3. Which of your blog posts was your favorite this year and why? (Please include a link.) My favorite blog post of 2015 was this one: Why I’m Feeling Thoughtful This Thursday. It marked a pivotal point in my life and my relationship with dogs.
4. A common theme from last year’s challenge was that many of us wanted to increase the size of our audiences. Whether or not we intend to monetize our blogs, it seems we’d all like to reach more people. It feels good to know that we’re connecting with others, sharing a laugh or supporting a cause, and it’s motivating to see those numbers grow! What is one thing you’ve done in the past year that has brought more traffic to your blog? I became a brand affiliate, working with recognizable brands to get their products and services in front of a wider audience.
5. Which of your blog posts got the most traffic this year? Why do you think it was so popular? (Please include a link.) For some reason, my Top Post plugin isn’t working properly. I can see my most popular month was July 2015, but I’m having trouble narrowing it down to the post. If I figure it out I’ll update.
6. What is one blog that you read religiously – other than your own – and what makes you such a devoted reader? (Please include a link.) I try to visit as many blogs as I can, but one of my favorites is DZDogs. I love watching their hiking adventures in such a different landscape from my own as well as their devotion to training their dogs.
7. What resources do you rely on to enhance your technical, writing, photography, social media, or other skills that improve your blog? I try to read a lot. I also keep an eye on blogger forums and sign up for newsletters from industry experts. Attending pet expos and dog shows is also on my list of skill-honing activities. I am a big believer in YouTube University.
8. What is the best piece of advice you can offer other bloggers? To connect with other bloggers. Join support groups, online forums and communities specifically for pet bloggers. Join Blogpaws.
9. What is your vision for your blog in 2016? Do you have specific goals? My vision for Walks With Rama in 2016 is to be more involved in spreading awareness of various subjects, to get out there and hike in places we’ve never been and encounter new and exciting adventures! One of my goals for 2016 is to finish the book I’ve been working on for the past few years.
10. You have the attention of the pet blogging community – is there one blogging challenge you’d like help with, or one aspect of your blog that you’d like input on? I think that I, like most bloggers, want to drive more readers to my blog. I’m always open to new suggestions in that area.
If you would like to participate, click on the link below: