We’ve Received Another Blog Award!
We are so honored to have been given the Leibster Award by our friend Gilligan over at wagsahoy.com! This is our second time receiving this awesome award and we couldn’t be happier!
By accepting this award we agree to answer 11 questions given to us by the blogger who nominated us, as well as list 11 random facts about us/our blog. We must then nominate 3-11 bloggers that have less than 3000 followers and provide 11 questions for them to answer.
Questions for Nominees from Gilligan
What is the most interesting location you have traveled to, and what made it so special? Ik Kil Cenote, Yucatan, Mexico. It was an anniversary trip and we were on our way to tour Chichen Itza, another historical site, when we stopped by this incredible place.
What method have you found works best for reaching more blog followers and engaging your audience? Being active on social media.
How much time per week do you dedicate to your blog? Normally a few hours per day.
What is your strategy for engaging brands, and how many brands do you regularly work with? We have been approached to review some products, and I have approached companies as well, if the product was one I was particularly interested in or thought would be of interest to our readers. I would say we try to do a few reviews every month or so.
Would you ever consider adding a new dachshund puppy to your family (regardless of your current family makeup)? I love all dogs, and certainly if they are as cute as Gilligan!
What is your number one talent that sets you apart from the rest of the “pack?” I am a creative multi-tasker, used to handling everyone’s everything! Being a stay-at-home parent has toughened me in ways I never could have known prior to becoming a parent. I have also been involved with dogs in one way or another for my entire life.
Would you ever consider appearing in a music video? If so, what genre would it be? Absolutely! Rock!
Are you planning to attend the BlogPaws 2015 Conference? Optional follow-up: If so, does the revenue generated from your blog site cover the costs of your attendance? Yes, we will be in attendance!
What is the next major goal or new milestone you hope to accomplish with your blog? We hope to gain new followers this year and become a more recognizable presence in the blogosphere.
What is your ultimate “dream come true?” To have our own ranch in the mountains.
What aspects constitute the “perfect walk” (in terms of location, length of time, activities, etc.)? No time limit, mild temperatures, mountains and streams, a dog or two and fresh Starbucks every morning. 🙂
Here are 11 random facts about us:
1. Rama, Sassy, Cairo and Siren are all the same breed of dog. They are Cane Corsos. This is pronounced “kay-nay kor-so”. “Cane” in this instance does not rhyme with “stain.”
2. Rama loves bread and will slowly come into the kitchen and watch while I make kids’ lunches in the morning.
3. Cairo can jump more than 7 feet high and is a super climber, despite being the smallest Corso here.
4. All the dogs love carrots. It is their favorite treat.
5. Two of the dogs are certified Therapy Dogs.
6. Rama loves to go riding in the van but she will not get into a car.
7. Even though there are 4 Corsos here, all of their personalities are different.
8. I named all of the dogs except Sassy. She came with her name.
9. One of my goals this year is to hike a few sections of the Appalachian Trail.
10. Rama will let you know when it is potty and meal time, should you forget.
11. This year we will be hiking for charity.
Here are our nominees:
Here are our questions for the nominees:
1. What is your ultimate vision for your blog and has it changed since you started?
2. If you could do anything in the world, what would it be?
3. What is your blogging routine? Do you write at the same time each day? In the same place?
4. Does your dog have a favorite treat? If so, what is it?
5. What is your favorite pet product?
6. What do you like the most about your blog?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
8. Are you a neat-freak or slightly cluttered?
9. Will you be attending the Blogpaws 2015 convention?
10. What is one of your favorite things to do?
11. Do you have an unusual hobby?
I can’t wait to read all the responses! Many thanks again to Gilligan for nominating our blog for this award!